Lehigh Valley Trust (Saved)
Completed in 1911, The Trust Building’s facade was decorated with fluted stone pillars, ornate lions heads, leaded glass and hand-detailed bronze paneling. The inside was decorated to reflect the grandeur of the time period with heavy gold-leafed crown molding, a 900 square foot Victorian stained glass ceiling, marble floors and Tiffany glass lamps casting mellowed light. The building contains four large classic vault doors between the two main safes on the first floor and an additional vault in the basement. Six murals were painted on the the walls to commemorate the six largest companies in the Lehigh Valley at the time: Pennsylvania Power and Light, Air Products, Western Electric, Mack Trucks, Finance America, Bethlehem Steel, Lehigh Structural Steel and Lehigh Portland Cement.
Though The Lehigh Valley Trust Company survived through the Great Depression, it was later acquired as part of a large bank merger in the city of Allentown in the mid 20th century. It continued to operate as a bank until the early 1980′s, when it was acquired and restored to an extent by a private collector.
Mark W. Jaindl acquired the building in 2004 and later added it to the Jaindl Properties portfolio upon it’s founding in 2011. The first round of renovation, completed upon acquisition of the property, included a basic roof repair, repainting of the banking hall, new carpet, and the removal of over eight tons of scrap metal from the building. A second round occurred in 2013 with a second round of repainting, electric work and installation of a brand new roof. The third, and most extensive, round of renovation is scheduled to begin in 2014 to outfit the property for Vault 634, a high end event center.