Allentown Railroad Station
Two passenger rail stations, consisting of the Allentown Terminal Railroad Station and the Lehigh Valley Railroad Station. The Allentown station served patrons of the Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ) and the Philadelphia and Reading Railroads (Reading) who jointly operated it. It was constructed in 1888 and 1889. The second station, the Lehigh Valley Railroad Station (LVRR), was built in 1889 and was located directly west of the CNJ station. It served the patrons of the LVRR and provided more local transportation. Passenger rail service ended in Allentown during the 1960s, after which the stations became derelict. In 1972, the Lehigh Valley Railroad Station station was torn down. The Allentown Terminal Station (CNJ/Reading) station was converted into a restaurant, which has since closed. The property remains vacant.